- Decide where on your ladder you’ll want to mount your Ladder Gadget. It can be mounted on either side of the ladder. Most folks mount it just high enough so you don’t walk into the arm when it is engaged in the 90 degree position.
- Insert two screws into one of the clamps. With one hand, rest the housing on one of the rung ends that stick out slightly on the outside of the rail. Rotate housing slightly so you can see the screw holes. Starting with the outside screw, use your other hand to insert the screw a few turns, repeat with the inside screw to loosely attach the top clamp to the housing.
- Insert screws into remaining (bottom) clamp. Slide loop on safety pin over inside screw before attaching the clamp to the housing.
- Attach bottom clamp in the same fashion as the top clamp starting each screw with just a few turns.
- Using the wrench provided, start tightening the screws a few turns on each side so that they go in EVENLY. (Note: Tightening one screw a lot more than the other could cause that screw to protrude into the housing inhibiting the movement of the arm). Once snugged evenly, tighten all screws.If you want to be able to rotate your Ladder Gadget once the arm is in its upright position, you can slightly tighten or loosen the screws accordingly. ALWAYS REMEMBER TO STORE YOUR LADDER GADGET SAFELY IN ITS DOWNWARD POSITION BEFORE DRIVING!
To engage the arm, lift it straight up to disengage the locking detent then rotate it until it is in the 90 degree position then slide it into the housing until it stops.
Grab the safety hook. Insert safety hook into hole at the end of the arm from front to back.
With safety hook engaged, you can now use your LadderGadget.
To disengage and store arm for travel, simply remove the safety hook and slide arm slightly out of the housing until you can slowly lower it into the travel position.
Once in the travel position the arm automatically locks into place. The safety hook can hang freely or be inserted it into one of the holes in the arm for travel.